Senior Sales Engineer - New York
Greater New York City Area
When was the last time you heard a great growth story from a high tech company? Well we’ve got one for you – last year we grew over 50%! This year we plan to do it again – with your help.
How did we do that? We did it by providing the most disruptive technology the Big Data market has seen since warehouses were exciting. The problem with Big Data is the you need a big answer, so that is what we built. We give clients the big picture on Big Data!
So what is it that we do? We do advanced visualisation. Over the last 9 years we have developed the most advanced ultra responsive large scale touch screen hardware platform you have ever seen. On top of that we developed software applications to transform the way companies view their business analytics. But that is just the tip of the iceberg, we may be in some of the biggest brand name corporations you have ever seen but our solutions also adorn some of the world’s most prestigious Museums and Universities. We have played host to Royalty, Heads of State, Captains of Industry and hoards of screaming kids (those are in museums by the way, not serious F500 companies as far as we know). Our solutions inspire innovation, increase productivity and engage people
Our business is fast-paced because that is what our customers demand, our teams are global and highly collaborative but we are still small enough that each person can get a kick out of making a difference. Our culture is based on 3 principles:
• Customer delight – we love watching making our customers smile.
• Quality – we make what we sell so quality is king.
• Great place to work – we do this everyday so we want to love it.
We have offices all over the world, customers in 50 countries and more to come!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Sales Engineer for a full-time position responsible for providing technical sales support throughout the duration of the sales process. The sales engineer provides high quality sales and customer service to MultiTaction customers and partners in the Eastern region of the Americas. In this position, the sales engineer will be an expert in both the software and hardware for MultiTaction’s interactive display solutions. The ideal candidate would possess a minimum of 5 years’ previous technical sales engineering experience. Responsibilities include:
Communicate with clients over the phone, email and in person in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
Ensure that each and every customer receives outstanding service by maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
The position is a hands-on sales support role out of MultiTaction’s New York City office. Frequent travel is required to establish and grow client relations. This includes representing MultiTaction at tradeshows, on-site demos and other industry events.
Required Skills and Experience
We are seeking a strong technical sales professional, with a positive attitude, great communication skills, attention to detail, and passion for customer service.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience and training
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical sales environment
- Multi-platform experience (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal/team skills, ability to prioritize and manage tasks, and exercise independent judgment
- Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Experience using Customer Resource Management databases such as Salesforce
- Minimum 40 hour exempt work week
- Flexibility to travel, including international (passport required)
- Real-time computer graphics (e.g. OpenGL or DirectX)
- BYOD platforms, video conferencing and digital collaboration systems