AV field engineer - MultiTaction Americas
1450 Arthur Ave - Suite A
Elk Grove Village IL 60007
Reporting to: Service and Support Manager, MTAM
When was the last time you heard a great growth story from a high tech company? Well we’ve got one for you – last year we grew over 50%! This year we plan to do it again – with your help.
How did we do that? We did it by providing the most disruptive technology the Big Data market has seen since warehouses were exciting. The problem with Big Data is the you need a big answer, so that is what we built. We give clients the big picture on Big Data!
So what is it that we do? We do advanced visualisation. Over the last 9 years we have developed the most advanced ultra responsive large scale touch screen hardware platform you have ever seen. On top of that we developed software applications to transform the way companies view their business analytics. But that is just the tip of the iceberg, we may be in some of the biggest brand name corporations you have ever seen but our solutions also adorn some of the world’s most prestigious Museums and Universities. We have played host to Royalty, Heads of State, Captains of Industry and hoards of screaming kids (those are in museums by the way, not serious F500 companies as far as we know). Our solutions inspire innovation, increase productivity and engage people
Our business is fast-paced because that is what our customers demand, our teams are global and highly collaborative but we are still small enough that each person can get a kick out of making a difference. Our culture is based on 3 principles:
• Customer delight – we love making our customers smile.
• Quality – we make what we sell so quality is king.
• Great place to work – we do this everyday so we want to love it.
We have offices all over the world, customers in 50 countries and more to come!
We are expanding our North American operations and looking for an excellent engineer to join our energetic global services team. Depending on the project, you will be involved in delivering custom solutions, work with our partners to help them deliver projects effectively, provide training, support our sales team and help put together demos and exhibitions.
- Staging our displays, mounting solutions and software for deliveries and demos.
- Customize interactive applications for use in e.g. retail, museums, trade shows, corporate, research and education.
- Build, setup and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Customer and partner training for our hardware and software technologies
- Experience working with AV hardware and software.
- Experience with Linux based technologies and other operating systems.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernels, Perl, Bash and scripting languages.
- Customer focused analytical approach, technical support experience.
- Basic to Moderate programming skills to read and configure software applications.
- Hands on attitude, Stress resistant and a problem solver.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with people across different layers in our client’s organization, in both spoken and written English.
- Process oriented, precise and ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new skills and technologies on your own.
- Capability to implement quality solutions to a deadline.
- Clear and concise documentation skills.
- Ability to design and work with complex systems and integrate to existing products.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, reach, twist, sit, walk.
- Willingness to travel frequently across the country, and internationally. You will need a passport!